In Infino Legal, there is an option to record working hours on tasks. This is a convenient feature, especially when multiple people are working on a task. Each person can add the time they spent on the task. There are two ways to record time on a task, depending on whether you count the working time in real-time or add the information after completing the activity.
Remember that the first step is to add the task, and the next step is to record the time on the task.
You can view the registered working time in a convenient view on the task card (in the proceeding or from the main menu, Worklog -> Worklog), where several entries of registered time are grouped under the name of the respective task.
Link tasks to automatically recorded working time
The first method is to start automatic time tracking using a stopwatch.
To link a task to automatically recorded working time:
- Click the stopwatch icon located in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the proceeding in which you want to record time. You can complete this at the end of counting.
- Next, find the task you want to link to the recorded time.
- Fill in the description of the activity.
- Click “Start” to start recording the time.
- Remember to stop the time tracking after completing the activity and save the data.
You can also start automatic time tracking directly on the task:
- Go to the task.
- Click “Log current work”.
- Then click “Start”.
The automatic time tracking will begin, and you can close the task and start working. In the top right corner of the screen, you will see the clock counting the working time.
To stop the countdown, you can do it in two ways – by clicking on the countdown clock and then selecting “Finish” or by going to the task and clicking the pink button “Finish work”.
If you want to learn more about options regarding time tracking, please refer to the instructions: [Link to the instruction page].
Add the time of completed work on a task
Infino Legal also provides the option to record working time after completing the activity.
To add the time of completed work on a task:
- Go to the Tasks tab in the proceeding or select Tasks -> My tasks or All tasks from the main menu.
- Click on the task where the time will be recorded.
- Then, near the “Work time” field, click “Log the work done”.
- Fill in the description of the activity, select the responsible person, and specify the date of the activity completion and the time spent on it.
- Finally, save the entered data.
Edit and delete working time on a task
To edit or delete working time:
- Go to the Worklog tab from the main menu or go to the Work Card in the proceeding, or to the task where the working time was saved.
- Then click on the three dots icon next to the working time you want to change, and choose the “Edit” or “Delete” option, depending on what action you want to perform.
- When editing a task, remember to save the changes made.
Counting working time allows you to estimate and optimize the time spent on a particular matter and facilitates hour billing both with clients and internally within the law firm. Additionally, you can track real-time statistics of time registered by employees and the time spent on each client, which allows you to see employees’ progress and identify areas for improvement to efficiently serve clients.