Discover how with just a few clicks you can update a contact assigned to a proceeding with new information. Moreover, now in Infino Legal, you can not only add your custom fields to linked contacts but also automatically generate them in your own templates.
Take a look at the following instructions to learn how to:
- Configure relationship types,
- Add your own fields to linked contacts,
- Create templates with fields for linked contacts.
Add custom relationship types
Configuring custom relationship types allows you to add specific contact types to the system.
To add a custom relationship type:
- In the main menu, click on Proceedings -> Relationship types.
- Then, click the “Add new type” button.
- Save the name of the relationship type, e.g., Appraiser, and click “Save”.
Add custom fields to linked types
After adding your custom contact type and utilizing the existing system relationship types, you can add your custom fields to gather all necessary information in one place regarding that contact.
To add fields to a specific contact type:
- In the main menu, click on Proceedings -> Contact types.
- Click on the name of the contact type where you want to add a field.
- Then, click “Add field”.
- Fill in the name, description, and select the field type.
- Finally, click “Save”.
Complete a field on a associated contact
To add a linked contact and a field to it:
- Enter the proceeding where you want to add such contact.
- Choose the “Associated” tab.
- Add a contact linked to the proceeding or project by clicking “Link to Proceeding”
- Select the relationship type and contact, and then click “Save”.
To enter additional data for the linked contact:
- Click the three-dot icon and select “Edit”.
- Then, enter data in the user fields and click “Save”.
Moreover, you can also include the additional completed data in a template addressed to the linked contact. This way, you’ll create a template that includes all necessary information and automatically generate it for every contact of this type.
Create a template with additional associated data
To add your own fields to a template addressed to a linked contact, create a template in Word using the Solvbot plugin.
You can add additional fields related to the linked contact by:
- Selecting the appropriate recipient in the template configuration.
- Inserting fields from the Recipient Fields -> User Fields tab into the template.
You can insert the ready template with your custom fields for a specific recipient into Infino Legal and generate it directly from the Associated -> Generate documents tab.
With this feature, you can not only gather all necessary contact information in one place but also save time by generating templates that automatically fill in all data.